View Single Post
Old 11-11-2020, 01:31 PM   #3
SoCalEDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapHBCM View Post
I have a Phenix M1 casting and a Turner's California surf rod (Phenix, but under the Turner's name).

Been pretty pumped by both of them so far. It looks like the Phenix Black Diamond has a few 7'6" options. They are closer to the $300 mark. Heard good things about the Abyss rods as well from them, and the axis looks like they have some heavier options.

If you can find a Californian comparable it will be a little less with a similar warranty. I've seen some writeups saying they break easily, but there seems to be a pretty big following regardless.
Sweet. Thanks. I almost bought a trip helix a fewonths back, which I believe is the same blank as the black diamond. They are about 190 if I remember correctly. I'll have to see if they have one in a length I can work with.

I am also curious about maybe just going 8' and maybe taking 2" off the butt and 2 off the top, then I could go with a deckhand rod, but don't wanna mess up the action too much.

Edit:. I called and spoke to an employee at Turner's since Californian is their brand and the tri-helix is the axis blank, not the black diamond. My mistake.
2020 Hobie Outback SOLD
2021 Stealth Fisha 500
#StealthTribe

Last edited by SoCalEDC; 11-11-2020 at 02:00 PM.
SoCalEDC is offline   Reply With Quote