View Single Post
Old 08-19-2016, 04:23 PM   #12
Harry Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Legacy View Post
Your Pro 2 Tandem is actually 13' long. For what you're looking to do it seems like the Outback is a pretty good fit.
Thanks Dave, I think I knew that but in my mind I added a foot. There are a lot of different brands coming out with peddle boats and I plan on trying out many of them. I keep trying to get down to OEX to try the Native boats, but Jackson is coming out with a new boat as is Feel Free and Old Town. I'm in no hurry because money is going to be an issue along the way. I also saw another brand that is using Hobies Mirage Drive but is a third the price of a Hobie. I have a trailer I built for hauling my kayaks but I also have a rack on my truck for when it's just me so weight is a factor. I can put the Pro2T on it with my bait tank and all the gear on it but it's heavy. I could carry in the bed of the truck but I don't like having all my gear exposed if I have to stop somewhere. Mostly I'm not worried about the brand right now. I'm just wondering what is the best length from most of you experienced kayakers is from your combined experience.