View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 10:22 AM   #11
Kau grown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxbeast1210 View Post
Awesome !
What program do you edit your videos with?
also what kind of gaff is that in your first video.
Aloha oxbeast, the first video was my first edited video using Sony movie platinum 12, all the rest of my vids I just used windows live movie maker. I'm still learning the new Sony movie 12 and that vid was just a scratch of what Sony movie 12 can do. The editing tools and effects is endless in Sony movie 12.

The two gaffs I use I had custom built it to fit my needs. I needed gaffs that would float, be very strong and have the length I wanted. The first spear looking gaff We call it a "kage" here in Hawaii, it's usually made out of a wooden dowl or shovel handle and 3/8"-1/2" threaded stainless steel allthread rod. It's mainly used for the kill shot into the brain of larger pelagics and then backed up with a regular stlye gaff to secure them. Most of The larger fish comes up looking like they are gassed out and have given up but as soon as you stick a normal gaff in them it wakes them up and they go nutz! Big pelagics going nutz next to your yak can be very dangerous and cause a flip if your not carefull. I normally try to kill or subdue a larger fish in the water before bringing it up on my lap. A tuna 30lbs and bigger on your lap alive will cause serious damage to your equipment, or yourself. Especially Wahoo's or we call them ono's that have razor sharp teeth and could slice your feet or other body parts in a second if they are trashing between your legs. I would hate to be a couple miles or more out on the ocean with a serious wound or injury caused by a fish that could have been prevented. This is just my opinion and my style of fishing tho, I'm not saying that everyone should make or have one, but If anyone needs help building one I would be happy to help out. Tight lines and safe fishing!
KG
Kau grown is offline   Reply With Quote