View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 12:58 PM   #7
King Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadillyak View Post
Nice day on the water. Pm sent!
Sure was. I'd go again, but I'm feeling pretty sore right now lol. The extra 15lbs on this kayak compared to my old one makes a difference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed View Post
"I didnt have to use my AK."
Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2sp33d View Post
Sorry guys, I'm not getting the joke. I'm too noobish to know what that means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Huntington has been producing some quality spotties my last 2 times out.

Bunch of us will be fishing it a week from Saturday!

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ad.php?t=25599
I know what you mean. My opinion of the harbor is slowly changing after this trip lol. Agh, I wish I could make it, but I won't be in the area that day. Good luck to all the guys in the challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsugg View Post
Your new ride looks like a Malibu stealth. I'm thinking about switching over to the light side(paddle), and the Malibus are my first choice(stealth and x-factor). How are you liking it?
Indeed it is. It's the 12' model. I don't think I can give you a very good review right now; but with the 2 trips that I've taken it out on so far I can say that I like it A LOT. The storage around the leg area is huge. Balance is great, but the boat is slow since it's so wide. I think I'll upgrade my paddle when I can and hopefully I can get more speed that way, otherwise paddling becomes a bit of a chore.

The model I have is an older one so the leak issue regarding the hatches is there, but I'll get around to fixing it eventually. The amount of water I took into the hull from my trips was maybe a cup at best after being on the water for 4 hours with some decent wind.

Long story short, the boat is great if you value storage and stability.
King Saba is offline   Reply With Quote