View Single Post
Old 07-02-2006, 10:09 AM   #1
Mickey & Mallory

La Jolla 7-02-06

Got up at 4AM... Told my girl I would take her fishing in the bay, but with the recent yellowtail, and cuda action, I though La Jolla would be a better choice. Decent surf this morning. Saw a window, and slingshot her through, told to not stop paddling, no matter what, she got out dry. I, however took one to the face. Calm, glassy conditions this morning.

Made all the bait I needed at the yellow buoy... Pinned a Spanish on FishnTrish's hook, had her paddle, while I held the bait, about 50ft, dropped it in the water. I gave her these instructions, if you hear your clicker ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, pick up your rod, put it in gear, and start reeling.

We started to work the area, and I heard Trevor say he was on, and Brad too, starting paddling, looked back.... :shock:

Immiately paddled over to her, it was the funniest thing I have seen, she said "I did just what you said!" I could tell she was getting worked, but with a little coaching, I saw the YT color, and said, "YOU GOT A YELLOWTAIL!" She was stoked, it made a pass at my kayak, and I gave it the gaff.

Wind started to pick up, and the swell... So we drifted in towards shore, the conditions pretty much chased off most of the group, but most had tails... I had some smashed heads, missed some good bites, but my main goal was to put Trish on some fish, at least Cuda. Looks like we hit a homerun!

On the way in, I told her, "I'll see you on shore," If you catch a wave, LEAN BACK" She had no equipment... The end result a nice wave... Video coming soon!! :lol:

Looks like we are having good eats tonight!

Chris