View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 02:03 PM   #15
TXyakker
Junior

I should buy a lottery ticket...

One of my reels broke yesterday while out there. Thankfully not the one i was using for squid, but still a bummer. I couldnt bring myself to go out there again with only one reel, so i went and got one of these

A shiny new Diawa saltist 40! Went out again this morning to see if the fish were still biting and to see if i could break in the new reel. Got some squid, paddled out to a nice open spot (a whole lot LESS boats out there this morning), and started the wait. My rod holder was in FRONT of me this time, so i could see it when it starts to bend. Had my drag set a little looser too . I pulled out the sandwich to see if that trick still works, and as i'm opening the box to get it out my rod starts to go! No way, the sandwich trick still works!! I grab it out of the rod holder and go for a little ride. Thankfully with less boats, i had nothing to worry about in the direction i was being towed. Since i had 2 fish at home and i'm moving out of state in a month, i already decided this was going to be a C&R day. I got the fishy up to the boat and pulled her in by the mouth.

Snapped a quick picture, took out the hook, and sent her back over the side. The new reel worked awesome! Now that i had my fish, i was good for the morning so i paddled around and watched some others hang a few yellows. Headed in early to get to work on time again!
TXyakker is offline   Reply With Quote