View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 06:36 PM   #1
TXyakker
Junior

Dont keep your reel in gear...

Unless your drag is light, or you like to go for a swim. Went out today for the second day in a row. Weather was a little more bumpy than Tuesday but when the fish are biting, you gotta do it. It was the usual parking lot but i managed to find a little opening and started the wait. It was getting close to having to go in for work when my boat started to lean and i couldnt figure out why. Next thing i know, i'm in the water and my boat is flipping over towards me. Well, i've been around the water long enough to not freak out just because i ended up in there instead of staying in my boat, so i flipped it back over real quick and my brain started thinking. Crap, i've probably just lost all my rods, my buddy's gaff, etc. As the boat comes back over all my rods are still there! YESSS! The camera/phone box is floating near by so i grab that (thank goodness for pelican boxes) and situate myself back in the boat. The whole reason i ended up flipping was still stuck in the rod holder, so i grab that puppy and i'm FISH ON! I didnt have a ton of boats around so i lucked out, not getting pulled all over creation. Taped out at 41", i dont have a scale so not sure how much it weighed. Thanks to the guys who came over to see if i needed any help!

Casey

TXyakker is offline   Reply With Quote