Thread: Thieves SUCK!
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 04:58 PM   #32
lowprofile
#1 on fishstick's hitlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Gunner View Post
GOOD NEWS!! I Got my truck back today. It was recoved by San Diego PD. I was able to drive it home and it seems like it's mechanically fine. The theives only got about 20 miles away. They stole my new Optima yellow top battery, my stereo, my oem jack, my trailer reciever and the wire harness for it, my front license plate and the bag with my tow straps & tools in it but everything else is there. It looks like it was ametuer hour though; The brand new tires I just had put on ($1300) are still on it and the roof rack is too. I had a locking gas cap so they used a knife to cut the fill hose neck & Vent to the gas tank so they could siphon the gas. The undehood light was gone and the alarm wires were cut...I can see that one of them jimmied the sliding rear window with a screwdriver, hopped in and popped the hood, while his buddy removed the light bulb under the hood so they could not be seen & then cut the wires for the alarm and then they used a "Bump Key" to start the engine (those bump keys won't unlock the doors easily but they will start a car) so I am pretty sure there must have been at least 2 theives. they probably got scared off or caught before they could strip it down completely.

I've spent all day working on beefed up security for it, unless they drive a tow truck or know exactly what I have done they are not going to be able to start it without some serious effort that only a trained electrical engineer like me could figure out

Thanks again for the kind replies guys, oh and now that the PA has it's own trailer I have plenty of room for multiple yaks up on top, so some road trips with friends to some other distant fishing areas just might be in the future
good to hear you got it back!

my dads F150 can only be started with a screwdriver. and its not in the ignition.