View Single Post
Old 08-28-2016, 09:34 PM   #1
Superduper
Junior

La Jolla: 1 greenie 1 yellowtail

Targeted rockfish today. Trolled sabiki on the way out and managed 1 greenie. Tied him on to fly line...just left him out as I worked the bottom in 90' por nada... Saw a sealion come charging toward me and said "nope not this time" put the crank on the bait and got it safe in the tank but not looking very good as the greenie was lying on his side exhausted...once sealion passed I tossed him out again and kept working the bottom on my other pole. Got alot of small white fish on the squid strips but no keepers...10 o'clock-ish and the greenie goes screaming for all 2 seconds then nothing...Brought him in to see how he looks. No signs of trauma so out he goes again... I kept working the bottom on the other pole, not paying much attention to the greenie...around noonish the greenback screams and game on... Put the hammer down and managed to bring it in. 25lb mono made it fun. This guy had some mojo...ended up at 17lbs. Fought like he was a 40 pounder ...funny thing- I was targeting bottom fish and ended up with a yeller. Go figure...
Attached Images

Superduper is offline   Reply With Quote