Thread: 3/30/15
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 02:45 PM   #1
FARRIER

3/30/15

Got to the launch with the rest of the late am shift. Me and cadillyak helped a guy get unstuck and figured that had to be good for some brownie points. Made bait nice and easy. On my way out I see some free swimmers lazily chasing bait. I pinned one on and sent it back. Got the surface iron out to the spot but they just followed it for a few casts. Then my first bait gets hit. I reach back and it spits out the bait. Knowing I'm in the zone based on a solid screen on my meter I work the nose hooked bait with an uneven retrieve. Bam, right on the surface great explosion. Unfortunately that one went straight down never to be seen. It did return my hook. Using my free rod from the fred hall show I knew it was not gonna be an easy day. New saltist lever drag 20 size and an okuma mxr "15-40" I am new to these ultra flex rods. I like a little backbone in mine. Anyways two minutes later 1 to gaff. Followed by two more in the next fifteen minutes. Had six to the boat with three kept and three to swim away all before 9:30. Made my way back in grinning from an absolutely perfect morning. I was greeted by more free swimmers on the way in too. What a day! Im at best an average angler so I am sure there are some with epic stories of that morning. See you all out there.
Patrick
Attached Images