View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 05:35 PM   #17
Aaron&Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannowar View Post
A. It's just a joke...so laugh. It's good for the soul

B. if ya don't fit there, don't park there

I've been ticketed for parking in the street sweeper zones. I was well aware too. Sometimes a ticket is the last thing on my mind.....

I apologize if my sarcasm is undetectable via text. There's no surf and the weather sucks, just making playful jabs.
Sure, I'm with you, so I'll laugh with you for a moment.

But, you see Gary isn't laughing nor would we if we'd have been ticketed.

Seriously, we'd agree with you about "if you ya don't fit there, don't park there", if that location was properly marked. It is not. Unless you have an MG midget, or a VW bug, or a vehicle of that size, the question will remain, where does the red zone end?

So, the other questions get raised. Was paint being removed, to expand it for usage beyond ultra small vehicels, and when that was done, they just did a piss-poor job?
Or has it not been properly painted in the last 2 decades to allow motorists a fair shake?

You knew you violating the law when you were ticketed, again, not the case here.

We took a chance, that they would not ticket on such a shady, "real shady" job of red paint on the curb, and we got lucky. Thanks to Gary, others now know, it's a risk that's probably not worth taking unless you are one who has deep pocketbooks, or you are one who hates to be wrongly cited, and feel it's worth fighting.

I want to thank Gary publicly for coming forward. We were fortunate to get the information first hand after visiting his home from an offer he extended to us, which we couldn't refuse.

I think Gary deserves to win his battle, that's all, I'm done.

Aaron