View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 12:51 PM   #11
Dean Machine

Yep, jig masters do the job just fine. I know, they are not shiny. If you can't catch a large fish on a jig master I dont know what to say. They are SUPER easy to mainain. This is a MAJOR bonus when considering a reel. I have come to be very fond of this reel despite my first impressions before I actually used it and caught big fish with it. I have abused it compared to what I do with other reels and it hasn't complained yet.

Of course there will always be something better out there that we all think we need sometimes but its not always necessary. When I bought my extreme kayak it seemed to be the kayak that everyone wanted, now it seems like if I wanted to sell it I would have a tough time, but it works for me for now. Now all the hype is hobie, but I don't think that will be my next kayak (nothing against hobies) because now I have enough experience to know what works best for me.

After a while you will figure out what works and what doesn't and what is worth a little extra money but you've got to start somewhere and I don't recommend going out and buying all the hype. Try to spend aslittle as possible and fish as much as possible and you will be fine. At least try fishing with your reels for awhile and see what you like and don't like about them before upgrading. You'll be better prepared to find what will work best for you.

Good luck fishing.