Thread: Ventura
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 07:57 AM   #1
elriraikn
Junior

Ventura

Just picked up my first kayak off craigslist on friday afternoon, soooo stoked; cobra murauder w/ a humminbird 345c.

Took it out friday afternoon without any gear to try out the whole surf launch thing which proved to be easier than expected. Cruised around the kelp at solimar for a couple hours just before sunset to see if I could figure out the fishfinder. Images on the screen looked nice....just not sure what im looking at.

Decided I would try for some fish saturday morning but with my seriously lacking quiver of rods and limited know-how i wasn't sure where to start. Decided that my best option would be to take my beach fishing set up and toss some different colored plastics. Paddled out from solimar again, went between the clump of houses and faria on the outside of the kelp. Threw a few different bh swimbaits for a few hours to no avail. Had a few boats come and go within the time i was there; maybe they knew something i didnt. About halfway in to the beach the fishfinder went purple. It was still working but the image it was showing was as if the water was 2 inches deep and the band of colors was all purple and taking up the whole screen. Decided to turn it off and when i got in to the beach it seemed as if some water got in to the quick disconnect. Not sure if this had anything to do with the problem, maybe someone can let me know whats going on/ had a similar problem.

Anyways, as a long time beach fisher, im stoked to have gained access to new fishing horizons and look forward to seeing some of you on the water.
elriraikn is offline   Reply With Quote