View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 12:12 PM   #73
old_rookie

ok - so we'll have a small army there. I have not been to one of these meetings before, so I can only guess what happens.

I suspect there will be reps for the DFG/MLPA speaking and describing what they plan to do/close. Then at some point they will open the mic to those who want to speak ( and not fear public speaking....).

We are all there for the same reason - do not close areas to stop us from fishing. Right???!! We can't simply stand up and say "No...don't do that!" without any decent amo. I can only speak from what I know or at least think I know. Obviously they (DFG/MLPA) think and have 'data' that shows certain areas are being depleted of fish. For one, I don't see a lot of kayakers pulling in large quantities of fish. Of all the (very few) times that I have launched and landed, I have not seen anyone with any fish (other than the SMMT). I have seen plenty of surf fishing pulling in lots of perch, but I don't have any numbers to know if it is impacting the perch or other species. Can only guess from my own observations and experience.

So, what amo are we going in with?

If I have good info on something, I'll speak, but right now I don't. Only a "nooo... don't take away the time I have away from stress, and the thrill of catching fish to feed the family"... well, I could still kayak out without fishing - but you didn't read that.
old_rookie is offline   Reply With Quote