View Single Post
Old 06-07-2020, 07:46 AM   #2
FISH11

I also have a HDS5 Gen2 that I bought over 6 years ago. It's still working and I've used it so long I know how to use it well. Since 2016 I also own a Lorance TI 7 and love a lot of things on it, but after using the touch screen for years now, I prefer the select buttons. I have a friend who bought a Hook2 7 and he's had a lot of problems with the connections. Provably half the trips since he bought it, it didn't work when at the launch. I tried to see if it might be set up setting, but no there are many differences in their quest to keep the cost down. To me I would not buy a Hook2 series FF. How they read as the bootom keep changing while moving. The screen appears to have to start a new reading so the screen has a bunch of restart points as it scrolls across (too weird). From the changes the manufactures have made to the medium to low priced FF, I think they are junk. Unfortunately after the FF's I have used I would not go backwards and would need to spend $500-$1200. That's not happening, I had the TI 5 for about 5 months and it had touch screen issues, so I used the West Marine Warranty to get a refund and paid the difference for the TI 7 with downscan in 2016 and it was around $800 then. I never used one but I though the original Hook series might have been ok, but now they only sell the Hook 2.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HDS5Pict2020.jpg (48.5 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg Low...TI 7 pict on the water.jpg (46.1 KB, 114 views)

Last edited by FISH11; 06-07-2020 at 08:16 AM. Reason: add picts
FISH11 is offline   Reply With Quote