View Single Post
Old 11-14-2009, 04:44 PM   #18
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tman View Post
That "95%" number is a riot...make it more credible, say "94%"...

I call BS, let's see the data to support that.

As I said at one of the meetings, about 12 years ago, had a buddy catch a 42.5# WSB...he put it on the radio, and people were at the landing to see it. A very rare catch indeed, back then.

BACK THEN

With the success of the hatchery program, that WE help pay for, they have made a remarkable recovery...we all know that.
Actually, I don't think the hatchery program has much if anything todo with the wsb return. Based on the numbers they get so few heads back each year that they are having a minimal impact if any. I know not everyone turns in the heads, but still they get so few back, and it is costing them thousands of dollars per head returned if I did the math right. Someone else might have the cost per seabass returned number. Releasing all the hatchlings into the ocean can't be a bad thing, but I just don't think it is helping as much as we think, or hope it is.

I do agree that wsb are on the return, because of the gillnet ban within three miles. They changed the rules and regs and management of the species, and it worked. I wish they could use this example, instead of the crap they are trying to pull instead.

Let the Fish and Game Commission know what you think about the proposed maps.

Be ready for December 9th and 10th.

tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote