View Single Post
Old 02-02-2017, 10:20 PM   #10
Heroes On The Water
Non Profit Organization

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris138 View Post
I'm planning to make this one. I'll finalize my mentor reservation tonight.

Semi related question... I've done two events at Tidelands now, and got skunked both times. Anyone have any tips to help me, and more importantly, the guest I might be mentoring?

1. What ideal line type? Like 10# mono? Flouro? Is 20# flouro way too heavy?

2. Live bait? Should I be bringing sibiki and bait tank to make bait for hali?

3. I am under the impression that we shouldn't be taking videos w gopro, in the interest of the privacy of our guests. Is this correct? Obviously I would love to get some footage and put together a HOW video. What is our chapter's policy on this? Is there interest in gathering footage for a video, even if I just hand the files off to someone?

Good news is none of my guests have been skunked, but they have outfished me every time
Chris,
Thanks for raising a great question regarding the recording of our events with your GoPro.
When our guests arrive at our events they sign a few forms for us including a media release waiver that allows us to use their image whether still or on video in future promotional material and or press related clips. In short this includes everything from TV to printed and social media. During our events we routinely record and or take photos of our guests on and off the water and most don't seem to mind especially if they're holding up a nice sized fish but their privacy wishes always come first
Above when I say "us" or "we" I am referring to HEROES ON THE WATER. Now with that said, everyone who particpates in our events is welcome to take pictures but we ask that if you post them to social media that you always state that they were taken at our Southern California Chapter of HEROES ON THE WATER event or something worded like that. As for video, short clips on the water are fine as long as our guest doesn't mind but anything more and we ask that you contact us first.
On the subject of putting together a video...... Let me know what your thinking.... I'm all for it if done in the right way.

See you on the 11th

Follow us on FACEBOOK

Heroes On The Water is offline   Reply With Quote