Thread: MLPA Maps
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 05:03 PM   #10
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
The kayakers and spearfishers were represented with decent numbers. Thanks to everyone who came out. But where are the pb'ers? I guess they don't care?

I think since day one in the Allcoast and BD Pbr community there has been a vocal group of posters who have been saying the fix is in and there is not point in trying to work within the process. I'd disagree with that but it's prevalent on those boards. There were also some who said that they were going to just stop this whole thing in it's tracks with lawsuits etc...That has not worked. Essentially there's kind of defeatist mentality that has set in and limited participation of some in the boating community. Though there are some that have participated and worked very hard for our rights, there are others are just disenfranchised, no longer interested, and no longer involved.

It's not like they do not care, more like they are burnt out, and feel they can't make a difference.

I think the kayak community got in later and had a more practical approach to the process. We certainly have not won yet, but I believe we have made a big difference and its not over either.

Jim

Last edited by Fiskadoro; 09-10-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote