Thread: Ghost Fever...
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 06:14 PM   #88
dos ballenas
Vampyroteuthis infernalis

a bunch of donkeys walked into a bar...

and the bartender said, can't you donkeys read the sign, no mulling around!

To sum it up, just do the right thing and nobody will get their panties in a knot

Everyone has their own opinion, and most are like assholes: stinky.

If it had been me, I would have immediatley stopped fishing after catching that first wsb.

Followed it up with a cold beer and some time spent reflecting on the fish I had just silenced, sent my condolences to the fish gods and then paddled in.

But thats just me. And in my opinion, any other response would be disrespectful to the fishery.

No matter how thriving you "THINK" the wsb stocks are Josh, it was still a bad call. I mean no disrespect, your fishing skill as always amazes us all... but your judgement was once again questionable, nice edit of your post by the way.

Nobody can say for sure if the released fish survived. After an experience like getting torn through the kelp, many fish are in shock. A tired and disorientated fish can become easy prey to the numerous sharks which are known to follow white seabass schools.

See the post by Jim Day... there were lots of sharks around the day that beautiful wsb was released by the "fish wisperer"... granted, if that fish found a nice piece of Macrocystis pyrifera to curl up and take a long nap in, then the fish most likely survived.

In my opinion that wsb wasn't feeling so hot when he swam SLOWLY away. No matter how long it took to get that picture and pull the fish carefully out of the water, it was too long in my opinion.

Sorry guys, I was feeling a little left out not contributing to this rant... as I am usually the first one to call someone out, I feel much better now, oh internet, how I love thee.

see you on the water!, and maybe

Owyn

dos ballenas is offline   Reply With Quote