View Single Post
Old 09-08-2014, 03:39 PM   #5
bmercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamon View Post
I've got no beef with you Iter but you brought it up. I'm not a resident of LJ so this is not my backyard. I have to fight for a spot as does every other non-resident but luckily I'm an early user...usually.
Would I want to restrict a business because it was thriving so the residents can park on their property and on the streets? Umm...no, sorry.
When I speak with people on the beach, most are not from SoCal so why wouldn't we allow them to enjoy these recreations and spend their money here? Being a tourist is not a crime.
When the MPA shutdown Black's Beach, I heard from quite a few that the residents above this beach backed the MPA plan. Yeah their parking issues have been reduced because you freaking shut out all of the fisherman who used to go down the hill to fish the very best surf fishing in the County...
SoCal is crowded. The residents know what they're getting into when they move near the beach. What? Some of you have been residents long before the crowds and you're trying to get it back to the good old days? The residents would put up a long arse rope and buoys at LJ Shores Dr. and Torrey Pines Rd. to block ALL of us out if given the chance.

blacks beach shutdown? can you elaborate?

in any case, all of the rental kayakers are a hazard. they just sit there within and just outside the surf zone in the area that is for launching/landing and not for just sitting there.
bmercury is offline   Reply With Quote