View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 10:50 AM   #3
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

I have experienced the same frustration in trying to get politicians to respond to my letters. For the past few months, I have attempted to get the two main candidates for Governor, Whitman and Brown, to state their position on this issue, so far without success.

I have sent numerous emails from their campaign web sites and have called their offices several times trying to obtain a response. Each time I have been given lip service by the person who answers the phone but nothing more.

My guess is that these folks are cut from the same cloth as most of our so-called representatives. They prefer to not take a position on something unless they see some personal benefit coming out of this action. If they never take a position on an issue, the do not risk pissing off the potential voters on one side or the other.

Part of the problem is that I have probably been the only person who has contacted these candidates on this issue. It is very easy to ignore on guy, even a persistent one like me. If they were to receive hundreds of emails and phone calls on this issue, we might be able to get some sort of response.

If anyone is interested in adding their voice to mine and trying to get Whitman or Brown's attention that would be great. PM me if you would like a copy of the letter that I have been sending.

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote