Thread: Fish Finders
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2021, 04:42 PM   #1
Jonesdds
Junior

Fish Finders

Done some research but it is a bit overwhelming to decide which is best for what I will fish.

Largely in the beginning it’ll be freshwater lakes. I’m a fly fisher so not going deep. Not going to be hanging out close to the dams of large lakes, mostly near shore. Stripping streamers, maybe Stillwater type with midges as deep as 15 ft max. And possibly some occasional ocean bay and harbor.

But, I may decide in the future to take it deeper. Kayak will be in Utah most of time but may also bring home some years to Santa Barbara from Oct th May. Havent bass fished in awhile so maybe hit the central coast lakes, Castaic and desert lakes, maybe a mix of spin and fly.

So, I want to be prepared for all types of fishing wherever it leads.

Seems much if not all my freshwater fishing would benefit from a side imaging machine. But, deep imaging might also be useful at times. GPS is something I’d want built in I’d think but open to adding later as well, not sure how big that add on is. Also would consider the towable units initially to use with my phone, if cheap enough to be useful for a few years and help for future decisions.
Jonesdds is offline   Reply With Quote