View Single Post
Old 06-03-2020, 07:52 PM   #1
Sakana Seeker
Junior

Greetings SoCal Kayakers - YT advice

Greetings SoCal Kayak fishermen and fisherwomen!

First post here - hope this message finds all of you safe and healthy despite our chaotic times. I live in northern CA and go by the same handle on NCKA (Northern CA Kayak Anglers - http://www.norcalkayakanglers.com/in...p?action=forum). IÂ’ve been actively fishing the San Francisco Bay and Pacific coast the last 3 seasons targeting chinook salmon and california halibut from my Revo 13.

I would like to learn more about targeting yellowtail in your waters. IÂ’ve been watching some great footage on YouTube and learning a few things on this great forum.

Are there any particular resources I should be reading? Any past threads that are informative? When is the best time in the summer months? La Jolla or Dana Point or ?

If SIP restrictions continue to ease, I would like to make a road trip down south and try my luck going after these beautiful (delicious) fish. As long as they are open, I also plan to hire a guide - probably the best way to learn a lot in a short amount of time (though nothing beats time on the water of course). If you can recommend any local guides that might be guiding this summer, that would be great too.

Any information greatly appreciated and happy to return the favor if any of you would like more information about targeting our species up north, or ever need a partner to meet up with on our colder, foggier coastline.

Thanks all! Tight lines.
Sakana Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote