View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 09:52 AM   #11
mtnbykr2

it would take awhile for me to dig up the pics, but I can feel for you on how things in life change. For whatever reason, but the memories are indeed priceless.
my first boat was a 12' Valco aluminum boat my grandfather had, I installed a sub floor in it and set it up to fish for large mouth, complete with two trolling motors and a portable Humminbird f/f, at 12-13 yrs old it was the bomb...and it caught fish.
the next project was a 28' 11' beam retired gill net boat we bought from the DFG, we won it in a silent auction at a boat show for $201.00...yes...201.00, fished off it for approx four years and sold it for about $5000.00, the guy that bought it from us pulled it out of the water and sunk 30k into it and sold half for 15k, it is still moored in Ventura harbor to this day...
then we got a 24' Skipjack...fished off of that approx 2 years...sold it.
time flash forward, bought a 18' VIP fish ski from one of my best friends, and fishing partner who taught me countless lesons in the art of finesse, he passed away at 40 years young, so I went through and completely re did the boat with all the goodies, spent alot of $ on the boat, life happened and had to sell it for next to nothing to get rid of it in a bad economy.
a few years past I had a buddy that wanted to trade me one of my down hill bikes for a "kayak" I thought, well that might be fun, it's been about five years since I got the yellow Xfactor, now I am in the Outback and the obssesion continues, but I must say, although 70 mph on the water is fun, the kayak is the best...
mtnbykr2 is offline   Reply With Quote