View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 04:08 PM   #50
dorado50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron&Julie View Post
x3!

I remember all the rebellious souls who basically said that. Nobody seemed to want to tell them, "Don't do it, or I'll tell on you". It was kayak fishermen fed up with how we got screwed, and if one of us caught that trophy fish just inside an MLPA zone, we weren't going to be the ones to rat on him, when ALMOST all of us (kayak fishermen) know how WRONG these closures are. I guess that rebellious attitude has now been put into check, because one of our own might "narc" on us.

Yes, it is now law, and we all shouldn't be breaking laws. But, we do, especially when they are wrong. I don't get on the phone and call the Highway Patrol, every time someone is speeding. Otherwise, I'd never be off the phone. I don't call them if I see somebody doesn't have their seatbelt on, or a helmet on. Even as much as it drives me crazy, I don't call the HP when people are texting or talking on the cell phone while driving. I have 2 family members who are/were cops, they broke laws, too. Does everyone really believe no cop ever travels at or below 65mph when not on duty?

Everyone is surely entitled to their opinion here, including DSafety, etc, I just don't happen to agree with them.

But, I'm not going to be the one to help this country to continue to tarnish it's greatness, by taking freedoms away from us, especially when I know it is WRONG. And I certainly won't call the DFG if one of you is 100 yards over the MLPA line, or if a fish tows you into one of those zones, even though I could.

If I know someone is in the act of taking short fish (crustaceans), too many, fish out of season, or protected species, I'll call the DFG, because I believe in those laws, just as I would call the HP (when the opportunity presented itself) if a parent is driving their child around who should be in a car seat, and isn't.

I could care less if the motor-cyclist wants to take HIS LIFE in HIS HANDS. I don't care if they don't check everyone's shoes at the airport. If Terrorists want to hijack/blow-up a plane, they will, that was proven time and again, the year following 9/11.

I don't understand why anyone around here should want this thread deleted. The MLPA is upon us, and it is good to know where we stand.
If you think it is redundant, tedious, annoying, etc, don't bother reading it.

Aaron

EXCELLENT! .......now all cells and vhf's to be checked at the door so the "drop the dime" issue won't come into play.