View Single Post
Old 08-22-2022, 07:31 AM   #4
FISH11

I tried several the DTX 140, DTX100, Colt sniper, P Line minnow. At times they were getting hit but not hooking up. I changed the speeds and was up to 8 mph at times. It's like they were hitting the top of the lures and not getting the hooks. I only hooked one and it came off after several minutes. Other times I was drifting and could see the Dorados swimming within 20' of the Solo Skiff and did not react to me dropping colt sniper or small kastmaster that I replaced the treble with a nice split ring and Saltwater 2.0 treble. I thought the kastmaster would look most like color and size of the small bait fish on the paddies. I was dropping it right in front as they would swim by and make it jump around, but no reaction. For some lenght of time they would be less active and then they would jump and swim around for 1/2 hour or more. I covered the water for 1/2 mile around all paddies and more. Frustrating and weird.