View Single Post
Old 03-03-2006, 08:28 AM   #2
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

Re: $600.00...burning a hole in my pocket!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBF

Also, are there any good deals on a digital camera? Budget is $250.00
What camera are you using or what would you recommend?

GBF
I was using this one

until my buddy, threw my camera in its case into my truck... He didnt know it was a camera, only about a 2-3 foot drop.

Now the display screen is white with no video picture. I contacted Canon, they want $140 to fix, and that may not include any parts. It still takes pics, but you never know if it is in focus, due to the screen going out.

It is an awesome camera, some of the best sunrise/sunset shots around. :P Not to mention, photo beeyotch pictures. Upon further research, this seems to be a problem for this model camera, the Display screen turning white upon being banged, or rattled. I guess there is soldering that comes loose. I am not bad mouthing Canon, or this product, as I would consider another, however, I have learned to be more careful with it.

As mentioned before I am little leary of optical lens' due to moving parts in a water in Salt env. However, IMHO, for the digital zoom camera's you really need to be on top of your subject to get a good close up. Well, hope this helps, must be nice to have some extra dinero!

Chris :mrgreen:

PS: I will sell you this one for the clearance price of $249.99 :P 8)
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote