View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 07:33 PM   #12
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorLongArms View Post
Out of curiosity, how long of an anchor line do you keep, and do you end up anchoring while fishing? My kayak came with one, but I’ve yet to do anything but recoil the rope ( barely more than 50 feet )

Also thanks for mentioning on the net. I had no idea, and was thinking how nice it would’ve been to have one when I saw some crabs up in the kelp the other day
It depends on where I'm going but normally my anchor is in the form of a kelp clip. For days when I'm hitting the beach or the shallow reefs I also carry about 50' of 1/4" poly rope with my regular anchor. I would anchor up sometimes when fishing outside the surf zone, or when over shallow structure I wanted to work. Or sometimes just to take a lunch break without drifting a mile off my spot. Now that I have a Hobie I have to say that I rarely use an anchor since I can hold position quite well when fishing, and I can eat while traveling too instead of drifting away. I have a small buoy tied to the end of my anchor rope in case I need to cut loose in a hurry, so the anchor also makes a great marker for spots I want to stay on top of.
Malibu Stealth-12 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Its not a spelling B its a fishing B ~yakjoe
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote