View Single Post
Old 12-02-2014, 11:50 AM   #7
SorryCharlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseym View Post
Ya, it'll make you re-think the whole "food-chain" hierarchy for sure! There were 2 or 3 divers out each day. One guy was towing around an orange buoy. Don't know that I've ever seen anyone diving san o' before. Is that a normal target for you or was it just conditions driven? Seems like there'd be tons of targets hiding in all that grass.
San O is one of my favorite places to dive, not just because of the target species you can nail in shallow water (less then 15 ft), but because of the awesome life and overall ecosystem there. Mostly I go after sheepshead and halibut there, when the conditions are decent. There are massive schools or perch, sargo, etc. that cruise the reef area, but I'm not really interested in them, just cool to swim with them.

This last weekend was some of the best (if not the best) diving conditions we have had in SC this year, which would explain the reason you were seeing so many divers.

If you ever see me out there feel free to swing on by and say high, just please don't be casting any lures/bait towards me (or any diver for that matter)..... not only for safety, but I have had buddies miss chances on nice wsb (40+ lb) because H&L guys would cast there jigs at them (I'm guessing to get there attention to say hi) and scare fish right in front of them......
SorryCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote