View Single Post
Old 02-25-2024, 06:49 AM   #4
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter

Location: Where ever I may roam where I lay my head I call home.
Send a message via AIM to MITCHELL
Water temp was 60?

I started trolling with the same kalin 1/16 oz grub
White with alittle yellow stripe that was red hot the weeks before. Had it on leadcore line out 4 or 5 colors out on the line. Graph was showing fish at 20 to 30 ft.
On the surface pole I had my flasher with the Thomas Boyant.Trolled about a hour for nothing. So I changed it up. My first hookup came on a Tasmanian devil on the leadcore. The line holds them down from jumping. I had out 50 to 75 yds of line maybe just guessing. The fun part comes when you get past the leadcore to your mono leader 15ft and the wt comes off the trout and it explodes on you at the net....and say see ya..first lost.
My flasher was not working so I took it off and just used the Thomas Boyant on a ultra light spinning reel. It did not get bit all day.
In the middle of the lake was a boat load of know how
Moving around very slowly, 6 lures flying in all directions
Like a sport boat dumping bait in the water the trout started to boil. So I headed towards a boil to their right keeping a respectful distance and slide my leadcore under them for my second trout on leadcore Tasmanian devil. And the forth trout shook off after the leadcore.
Going to bake these two trout or BBQ and yes they are earthy tasting. Peace ✌️ ☮️ out.

Last edited by MITCHELL; 02-25-2024 at 07:19 AM.
MITCHELL is offline   Reply With Quote