View Single Post
Old 04-11-2017, 06:54 AM   #32
FreddoFly
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaDave View Post
I don't think you will be going fast enough for the arm to flex all that much, even with the larger transducer. Most transducers are made to cut through the water and not have much drag on them. The only thing that would produce drag would be weeds or kelp that got stuck on the arm or transducer.
Thanks for the reply... Fishing season opened here in NJ and I was able to talk to a couple of guys coming off a lake on Sunday. One had a RAM transducer arm with a "large" Lowrance transducer and no issues at all he stated. The guy one had a FeelFree kayak and that has a through hull configuration thingy that lifts out and all self contained (nice to have I imagine).

So I've got this small Ocean Kayak Tetra 10 to rig. Thanks for your input (and all others here too!) as it's "ALL" quite helpful! I'm thinking and leaning towards Yak Gear track (only .9" wide) because the top of my gunwales is just a pinch wider than that and mount the arm to the track. Now to figure on a length. I suppose longer is better for other mounting options while out there and not being locked into a shorter track...

"Something's wrong... My kayak isn't under me!"
FreddoFly is offline   Reply With Quote