View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 08:46 AM   #6
ProfessorLongArms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
I have recently started going from Leo myself. I have a Lure 13.5 that weighs 95 lbs empty so I know what you mean about getting to the water. I have been told to also hit Deer Creek but that staircase is damn near vertical. No way to do that alone. I park on the north side of Leo on PCH and use my kart to get down to the water. I usually launch right next to the large rocks on the right. There is a trail you can snake through the boulders but usually that area is full of kids when I come back. So I land at the right of the rock patch, when looking from the water, and pull my kayak on the bike trail since the dirt is harder and I dont have to fight the sand. I have hit some nice calico, a hali on my first trip, and fought with a ray there. If the waves are too big I hit the break wall out of Channel Islands. I am somewhat of a nube myself when it comes to ocean fishing but I catch. I just picked up a laminated fish ID chart so I know what Im pulling in. There are some fish that I'm like, what the hell is this, lol. I just checked the surf report and this weekend the waves are 1ft + so it will be a good time to go. I'll be at Leo by 7. I like to be earlier but have not slept much lately so will not jump too early, live in Simi. Black Cayenne with a Lure in winter cammo, Mike is the name.
Also thanks for the tip on the trails at Leo! I had no idea about those. Gonna scout that out when I'm up that way tomorrow.
ProfessorLongArms is offline   Reply With Quote