View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 06:12 PM   #12
Cbad Mike

Your in the right place!!!

I had some rods, and less than alittle knowledge of how to fish from a kayak. In fact I had NEVER even been on a kayak before I bought one used in March 2012. Now its hard to keep me off of it. By the way, I think that I had a pretty successful 1st year. Its a great sport that I wish I got into years ago.

There are so many different aspects of the sport that ALL make a difference tackle, fish identification, laws, safety, and knowledge to name only a few. I personally just got into maintaining my own reels for optimal
proformance. You will read on this site that kayak fishing is an addiction and I will tell you now that thats no lie.

The first thing I did was read everything and I mean EVERYTHING on this site. Second thing I did was buy my kayak after narrowing down what I wanted and most importantly what I could afford. Third thing I did was get out on the water and try it.
ITS NOT HARD.

So heres my advice:

Buy a kayak that you can afford. (research all manufactures)
Read EVERYTHING on this site
Buy some frozen squid and a sabiki
Be prepared to meet cool people and see great sea life
Put on your PFD
GO FISHING

PS. If you want to hire a guide you will know who after reading everything here.
I personally didn't hire one but have heard nothing but good things from the people that have.

Mike
Cbad Mike is offline   Reply With Quote