View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 10:20 AM   #1
Chuck D

Been a good week off

Since being a teacher get us a well deserved week off I had chance to get out on the water more then usual and acquired a variety of tasty treats. The week started off with the Sewer camp-a-thon which was a blast with some good peeps. Managed to come home with 8 Rainbows to smoke and 8 more for lobster bait. Does trout work for lobster bait, well I didnt get limits but I got the biggest bugs of the season for me, one at 5lbs. Then the next day I go to go out for some rock taco meat and almost got my limits from rock to rock deep at 150--180ft, fun as usual. Two days later I went out again for rock taco expedition II and got two then hooked into something that is larger then anything I have ever hooked before with a rock cod setup (squid skirts) at 160ft on the drop. It took me on a 2 hour joy ride. Once the sun went down I realized I had to pop it off and head back as I was about 8 miles out at the time. Never got to see it but I guess it was a monster Thresher, ray or maybe Mola mola. We will never know I guess. Props to the boater that checked up on me after sundown to make sure I was all good. What a great week, back to school now
Attached Images

Chuck D is offline   Reply With Quote