View Single Post
Old 11-19-2014, 07:56 AM   #12
PapaDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha View Post
Are you coming to Bahia Asuncion? We need to know ASAP.
My boss did not approve the vacation time to go due to a major project so not this time around. I sure wish I could go though, it looks like a lot of fun.

When is the next trip?

As for the extra weight, the battery is rather heavy, but I do have a PA14 so weight is there anyhow. And I don't have to lug the battery, I have the kayaks on a trailer and everything is on it when it goes into the water.

I am also going to hook up my FF and bait tank to the battery to simplify things.

All in all, to be able to go 5-6 miles in an hour and a half to fish places I haven't fished before is well worth it. I can launch in O'side and be fishing off Carlsbad in about an hour. Or hit up the golf balls to the north. Or fish just past San Clemente pier out of Dana Point.

BTW, I have also designed a seat mount for the older model PA14's that allows you to store tackle, or whatever, under the seat. No more scrapped hands trying to get under the seat for those lost sardines. It is currently in the testing phase. Works pretty good but does need some modifications.

Last edited by PapaDave; 11-19-2014 at 08:11 AM.
PapaDave is offline   Reply With Quote