View Single Post
Old 05-23-2014, 08:29 AM   #19
Aaron&Julie

Congratulations on your nice White Cliff. A very sweet catch.

You didn't see anybody out there, but we met on the beach after landing and helped each other out with our kayaks. I launched at sunrise, met Austin (on the tandem with his sister), so there were a couple of other yakers out there.
You landed minutes after I did with your very fat Ghost.

I worked hard for 5 hours for nothing, also getting wet from head to toe on launch. I lost my kayak wheels when I was hit by one big wave. I wasn't used to using wheels, and forgot to bungy them in on the back.
I covered much ground high and low on that very bumpy ocean for nothing.

If a very few additional boaters/yakers show up because of your one WSB you mentioned in your post, so be it. Like you said it's MEMORIAL day weekend, a crowd was a given. And why should you care you caught enough good meat for a couple of months.

There are still plenty of people out there who appreciate timely reports like yours, we do, and thanks for posting it, though I won't be out for awhile until the aches work out of my system. The ones who are dismayed by your report aren't helping you out by not reporting, unless your in their private group of special ones, and get their PMs.

Keep posting, and don't feel like you need to "DEFEND" your posts. Nice once in a while to see it like it used to be...

Aaron (aka Aaron&Julie)