View Single Post
Old 06-14-2021, 07:40 PM   #1
FISH11

LA JOLLA 6-12-2021 ON THE SOLO SKIFF / No Yellowtail, but...

LA JOLLA 6-12-2021 on the Solo Skiff / No Yellowtail, but... Still had an awesome day chasing bait, bait boils (Barracudas chasing bait)and trolling the Nomad DTX 140 and sometimes a live greenback. Only ended catching 7 greenbacks and a Barracuda, while targeting Yellowtail. The high light as far as I was concerned was the early part after launching at the Shores and looking for bait outside the reserve. I spotted a large pack of Common Porpoises coming my way, so I thought I would try to join them and get better video than in the last couple of weeks. I tried to get under water shots but didn't get the GoPro in the right angle and when going around 10 mph there is a lot of force on the camera mount pole. Maybe another day will have the right conditions. Being able to join the pack and have them swim along side, criss cross around the bow and even jump right in front of it, was the Coolest thing, just an awesome memory and its on video too. Love La Jolla!