Thread: Hobie Defectors
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 09:55 PM   #8
bentmywookie

Ive had my 08 revo for about 6 months now. Here's my list of all the things that I don't like about it; (but dont get me wrong, if my revo were to get stolen out of my garage tonight, I would be at oex tomorrow morning buying an 09 revo!)

-The revo is a sub par PADDLER, it is almost impossible to keep straight in any kind of current or wind even with the rudder down (not really an issue uless/until the mirage drive fails) and the footwells are shallow to make room for the mirage drive so only half of your foot will fit in them.
- It's not very great in the surf, not horrible but not great
- Deckspace inst great (but the mesh pockets on the side are AWSOME)
- I dont like the way hobie designed the flushmont rod holders, theyre angled directly behind you, instead of cocked out to the side making watching your lines a chore ( problem easily solved with 2 ram rods up front)
- when I have a water bottle in the cup holder it seems to get in the way of my pedalling.
- The dry bags and water bottles that come with the hobies are POS imho, Ive ripped the seams of of 2 bags and cracked the lid on my bottle.

lol i got a bit nitpicky by the end but hope this list helps you. The stuff I listed above are easily forgotten when youre working a rod in one hand, have a bevrage in the other, and pedaling at the same time.
bentmywookie is offline   Reply With Quote