View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 11:35 AM   #8
Baja_Traveler

Yet, when tournament time comes, I spent about an hour in that exact area throwing everything I could think of - then moved off to deeper water around the canyon - then moved south towards PV and fished the outer surfline back to the harbor trying for halibut. Spent the rest of the day in the harbor sticking to my halibut plan with nothing to show.
Just another one of those days - but I did enjoy being out there. From what I understand most of the fish were caught in the first half hour/45 minutes, then it all shut down - so if you didn't haul out to the offshore structure fast you were shut out. The winning fish were probably caught before I even cleared the breakwater, as I was slow drifting for halibut on the way out.
Enjoyable tournament though, and I'm looking forward to next years. With Dana Point in the mix for next year, I'll probably do that one as well as Mission Bay, as its half the drive for me. The 405 coming south Saturday was gridlock like a Friday afternoon commute - couldn't believe the traffic...
Baja_Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote