View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 03:58 PM   #2
JNAST13ST
Living Da Dream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakin View Post
Ok where to start?!
Well the ride out there was very rough but once we can to the island the water was so smooth not one wave no nothing!!
DAY ONE:
Had amazing breakfast! World class cook!!
Got the kayaks into the water at about 6:30 i think?
The fishing was so slow the first day!! The calicos were good in the morning one hali was caught then went into the mother ship for a great hamburger!!!
Got back out on the water and then what happen? THE BAIT TANK DIE!!!Means bailing fresh water into the tank!
Another hali was caught then I headed back into the mother ship for fresh bait then just stayed on board. They took the boat out for some rock fish and I got a huge rock fish once I brought it up from 300 feet of water and there was a tiny and I mean TINY rock fish on the same hook as my #15 rockfish,that was a tip.
got back in the kayak for hali again no luck then BAMMMMM got slammed by something big and got dragged a mile further away from the boat then I already was then it snapped off. Then the call for dinner so called it a day!
DAY 2!!!!!!
Even better weather which I couldnt believe that could happen. So they got my yak into the water and I headed strait out for hali!
No luck that was an even slower day.
So went out for rock fish after lunch and no bait tank battery went so I need a new battery! And take my yak into oex for pro job set up!
Not much luck on the rock fish. Then we got the go ahead for piramide cove. Then all of a sudden the helicopters come over head and thought the captain was going to get into trouble due to the cove still being closed!!!
No bass only one hit and then got chased by 3 seals!! So I called it a day went to the boat.
Started to fish from the boat and start to kill the white fish and sheeps head!! Then all of a sudden the skiff comea in with 2 #30 hali so jelous!!!
Then most yaks startwd to come back in and then 2 more nice hali while 3 of use are killing the sheeps head!!
Ate another amazing dinner then called it a night!!

I loved the crew on the islander! Very nice eager to help and always on top of things, remembering what you like, and even your name.
Even though not many fish, the sights the crew and the people on the boat ever amazing!!!!
I will be back next year for sure!!!!!!
If you never been on the islander its time to kiss your wifes ass and go!
Sorry on the bad grammer and the way it is it was all done on the cell. Will fix it up tomorrow when I get to work!!
dam yak sounds like fun even though you didnt get what u came for. I ouldnt mind some sheepshead i heard there one of the best tasting fish great report