Thread: Running 2 lines
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2020, 06:20 PM   #4
igotpron
Xcoastie

Running 2 lines

You got me it’s not an actual dropper rig. I either use a 3 way setup. Or essentially tie a 3 way setup using the spro swivels. If the waters clear of crap and I’m not near kelp. I will keep a 3way down in the water column, depending on conditions but 4-6 oz for the weight. I didn’t like the way my avet sx drags work. If a lever dragged worked the way I needed it I’d use. But for now the reels is once again my saltist. Reel is in freespool clicker on and I just tighten down the spool tension. This way I can get just the right amount of drag before it starts to give line. When it does get bit I’ll give it my 3 count and put it in gear. If I remember I’ll back off the tension. Now that I think about it. I need to get another saltist. They are easy enough to clean. And it helps when all your reels are the same when you do decide to clean them. Or dunk them for some unknown reason like attempting to pole vault a pro angler.

I tie I think it’s a overhand loop and slip that over my weights. This way I have a weak spot for it give.

Not an expert here. Just made a lot of mistakes. Obviously the best way to fish is the rod in your hand with your thumb one spool. But my surefire way to hookup. This almost always works for me. First you have to be just about ready to turn back. Frustrated no sitings or bites for the day. And you decided to eat your sandwich. Now it’s important that you remove the sandwich, get your chips and Gatorade out. Bite of sandwich, open the Gatorade. And as your drifting sideways into the kelp your fly line goes off and your other lines snagged in the kelp. Other then ruining your sandwich and loosing a rig. It’s pretty much my go to. And if your having a bad day, give it a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by igotpron; 06-12-2020 at 06:29 PM.
igotpron is offline   Reply With Quote