Thread: Running 2 lines
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2020, 06:03 PM   #3
TJones

2 lines

You run one fly line and one dropper? I have two distinct types of bottom rigs that I use for targeting yellows or sea bass. One is using a snap coast swivel with a bead stopper and then to your leader with bait. The snap coast swivel slides and gives the ability to quickly change out weights based on current conditions. I took this idea from another kayaker. My other method I got the idea from Ultimate fishing channel. Australian's like to use a deep drop rig which utilizes a sliding egg sinker. No big secret, but generally they up the size of weight. Say anything from 6 - 10 oz. I haven't used the rig a lot, but it works very well at getting bites. I have not landed any gamefish using this method because I am doing something wrong. I lost another yellow this week using this method. The fish viciously nailed the bait and the rod violently loaded up. Instead of having just slight pressure and allowing him to run, the lever drag was set too high and pulled the bait from him. Very disappointing when you loose a chance at a fish when your searching all day, more so when it is because of user error. I have made this mistake more than once with these fish. Bait remained intact, but his head and throat looked like it was put in a vice. Undeniably the jaws of a yellow. What is your preferred method for using the dropper rig? Do you keep this rod in hand? Thumb the spool with clicker on? Or do you put this rod in the holder? It seems like I would not make this error given the fact that I am using a lever drag. Maybe I should switch this rig up with a star drag? Any opinions? Thanks for input. Sadly, this is not a fish report. Thanks again.
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote