View Single Post
Old 03-26-2017, 10:30 PM   #17
Mr. NiceGuy
Manic for Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAngler View Post
Thanks so much for the advice! Awesome to have so many folks take the time to help. Very very cool! Thank you! Gonna get out there and practice.
If you are serious about these things as you seem to be, I know a lady you might like to meet.

She's famous in the kayak world, but maybe relatively unknown amongst many kayak fishermen.

Google around and look up Jen Kleck. She's a local treasure who owns a kayak supply business near the SD River and the entry to Mission Bay called Aqua Adventures.

She's often gone on kayak adventures or doing other things, but if you do your homework and organize in advance, you might still be able to catch her for a lesson.

She's among the best of the best, and that's not an overstatement. I would humbly suggest that she's worth whatever she charges .... assuming you can still find her and book her. She is an outstanding teacher and can easily adapt to whatever your level is now, and help boost your skills from there. She is empathetic and down-to-earth in a very wholesome way.

She can "take you to the next level." No doubt about that at all.

I have the utmost respect for her attitude, her personality, her skills as a teacher, and her remarkable experience with kayaks and kayak adventures. She's a pro, by many measurements.

To be clear, she's not a fishing guide, or anything like that. Maybe she's not interested in fishing at all, ... I don't know. What she can do is teach you kayaking skills, and open your eyes to things you need to know to be safe when you go out in the ocean.

Maybe I shouldn't say this in a public forum, but I just did.

Last edited by Mr. NiceGuy; 03-26-2017 at 11:27 PM.
Mr. NiceGuy is offline   Reply With Quote