View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 01:30 PM   #1
steveooo

La Jolla- A tropical Paradise

A tropical paradise during hurricane season.

The plan was perfect. We had 2 free tickets to Sea World, A $100 gift cert to Jade Restaurant, hotel reservations, and most importantly, I had the green light to fish on Sunday.

Sea World was cool. I love the tanks with the monster Ghosts and huge yellows. Kinda hard to get a good pic of them in the tank though. You all know what giant and look like anyways. Here are the only noteworthy pics of Sea World.

Barber Pole with no motor

Free Beer. Yeah baby, FREE BEER!

We checked into the Kings Inn before dinner. I feel bad for the SD locals that have never had a reason to stay in the Kings Inn in hotel circle. Luxury accommodations at their finest for sure. Any hotel that gives out granola bars and KY in the welcome bag is o.k. in my books.

To answer my own question, the Jade Theater Restaurant in Whales Vagina is out of business. With that in mind, I will cut someone a great deal on a $100 gift cert to Jade that I won in the Moyer tourney. I’ll part with it for only 50 bucks or trade for a nice used Kayak.

I was pretty excited that I was staying in SD and had a whole morning to fish on Sunday. Usually I leave my house at 2:45 am to get to the Shores at a decent hour. Too nice to set the alarm at 4:30, leisurely make my way to the launch, and still have time to spare. To all of you that don’t drive far to fish-

I have read a few other reports when people say they got to the launch and went back to bed due to the conditions. After reading those reports, I vowed that I would never be turned away from fishing due to conditions. Until today.

When I get to the launch, I knew it was game over. Even in the dark, all I could see was white caps. It was high tide and waves and nasty foam was pouring into the street. It was so windy, my truck was shaking.

I watched for a few minutes and started driving back to the hotel. Once I was at the hotel, I immediately drove back to the shores to make sure I was not being a pussy or anything. No improvement. I went back a third time in the light, and really got a good look at the mess out there.

Oh well. Maybe next time. Hopefully this is what LJ needed to get the lovely wintertime homeguard bite going.

Steve
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote