View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 06:40 AM   #10
j mo

Thats one way to get religion

Whoa! No kidding, my friend and i just last night were hatching a plan to take back some power and head down in May- I think we may reconsider?!

On that same pass with the same friend mentioned above, we were spared a similar fate as we watched an oncoming semi lose a tire. It was headed straight for us and we had less tha 1' to spare from heading down to the valley below, when at the last second it swerved and went up the embankment around us doing about 40mph. It all happened in slow motion as Im sure your accident did. Glad to hear you made it out.

My father was once not allowed entrance across the border into Baja because his hair was too long- can you imagine?! It’s a unfortunate that Baja has become so dangerous; I wonder if it always was though, and I just had a different appetite for risk then?

My friend Walt was held up point blank and robbed of everything with his caravan about 2 years ago just outside of TJ as he was making his way to the TC Highway. He was certain he was going to be shot in the back of the head as he was marched off the road.

I hear stories like yours and Walts and think of my own two children – I’ll take my chances w the Bears in the Sierra backcountry over the Cartels and bombed out truck drivers of Baja, at least for now....

Take care and Ill miss your posts of Baja as they always brought back fond memories.>>

Best,

Josh
j mo is offline   Reply With Quote