View Single Post
Old 02-16-2021, 01:45 PM   #256
FISH11

SOLO SKIFF in really rough water

I decided to make a new unedited version of a video I recorded in Oct. 2020. The previous version was edited using GoPro Quick and was not good because that software has one pick highlights and then it edits each according to the music that is added. That is a Horrible method and does not get a good result, no matter how many different songs you pick to change the editing. This was filmed while holding the GoPro in my right hand, so I am not holding on and slowed the speed down to 4-6 mph so as not to get thrown off. The Solo Skiff could go much faster, but it becomes a wetter ride in those conditions and I was just wearing my board shorts and hoodie sweatshirt, as usual. Hope this give you guys a better look at how the Solo Skiff can handle the rough water. Other utube videos I watched that said rough water, where nowhere close to these conditions. It proved to me that the Solo Skiff is incredibly stable and all you need is to hold on and steer into the oncoming waves. That was an incredible 3 mile ride back to the La Jolla Cove point where the weather improved and ended becoming a nice day on the water. Warning, the video has some descriptive profanity, so if you are offended just turn down the volume.