Thread: The After-Party
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 05:29 PM   #25
jorluivil

I recall hearing Roby's casual cool calm and collective voice on the radio, 'I'm on'.

Meanwhile, EFEN Sammy the Sea Lion is having lunch on me

It felt like seconds when by before I hear Tony's loud ghetto ass laugh carry across 200 yards across the ocean as soon as he hooked up

Meanwhile, EFEN Sammy the Sea Lion is still having lunch on me

A few minutes go by and Mr Andrew comes on the radio and says he has joined the club and no, its wasn't the hair club for men

Fast forward about 1 millisecond and Roby comes on the radio, again, saying he's on, again

Meanwhile, yeah...............EFEN Sammy the Sea Lion

At least an hour goes by and I can't stop asking myself, 'when will this bite shut down'? I keep going and going and I'm finally on, as soon as I know the hook is set I start to real up my other line. Meanwhile, the hooked fish is running for his life and line is screaming off of my reel. By the time I get my other line up the fish has taken what seemed like 100yards of line. As soon as I gain on the fish and have my line vertical the fish wraps itself in the kelp, I give it one good pull and pop!

I was hoping that wasn't how my day would end and it didn't. I managed to get hooked up again a few minutes later and again shortly after Tony gave me one of his last macs.

Fortunately, all 4 of us went home with something including winning 3 of the 4 tournament categories and yes, my tiny 1.8lbs Bocaccio took the 'other' category......no one said had it had to be a monster, it only needed to weigh more than the 'other' fish. Anyway, I'll have to admit that I have never fished with a better group of guys (some not pictured). I think its not only our competitive nature or our willingness to share information that keeps us fishing together, its the fact that each one of us has the ability to put up with our individual bullshit and our tasteless jokes, its our thick skin that makes makes us ask, 'where are we fishing next week?'

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer

Last edited by jorluivil; 09-09-2014 at 06:18 PM.
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote