View Single Post
Old 06-28-2022, 11:31 AM   #11
JohnMckroidJr

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowprofile View Post
Thanks brother,

Yeah a tuna that size in a kayak would be a sleigh ride! Idk if I would last that long.
Well earned Brother! I actually think it would have been an easier fight on a big kayak with a 2-speed reel. You would have had a lower center of gravity and would have been able to use the kayak's rail over resting the rod on your knee. That must have gotten tiring and looked uncomfortable.

It's good that the Kaboat has a big capacity. Had that been on a small kayak or Solo skiff, you might have had some weight issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowprofile View Post
I was doing that the whole time lol. When it was out in front of me it just pulled me. Couldn’t take drag until it dove, so it was just the weight of the boat and I can push it around free swimming…. I’m sure on a regular boat this would have been 30-60 minute fight but I might as well have been putting 10lbs of drag on him for half of it.
That's when a sea anchor might help. Atleast when you finally got the tuna up, it was pretty dead so there was less concern with the gaff swinging towards the air pontoon.
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote