View Single Post
Old 09-17-2020, 04:48 PM   #13
Harry Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahigeer View Post
They hook to the top after going around the bottom ring when new; but the cords stretch when get old. I started using zip-ties to attach the legs via a small hole to the bottom ring. It takes longer, but it is the best way to keep the net together.
In the conical nets the center hole is always in the center of the net. However, in the flat nets, it is possible for the center ring to sit next to the edge of the big ring. Thus, it is a good idea to use a special bait cage to insure the cage it is always in the center. Of the big ring.
The book is a necessary addition to any lobster hunter. My comparison of various nets is just that, comparison. Each have a function.
they are hooks, I thought they might go to the top ring to keep the legs on tight but they are stretched.I have a couple of weeks to get things figured out. My kayak is an old town predator so plenty of room behind the seat to stack traps. I will probably leave them set up until the end of the season so I guess the zip ties will be a good idea.Thank you.