View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 05:00 PM   #1
THE DARKHORSE

It's Wide Open...

It's wide-open...just about every day here. I guess that's one of many reasons why I haven't fished the Bay in years.

Like some of you, I'd rather get skunked for days on end than the alternative: getting tapped constantly by fish the size of what I typically consider bait. Well, the bait sized fish were practically jumping into the boat this afternoon.

Don't tell anyone I gave you the call, but they were damn near full-speed. Wide open!

Model after model lined up to have their picture taken.

It was like a wide-open Tuna bite complete with foaming Cows erupting on the surface; only a whole hell of a lot smaller! To each their own, I guess.

I will say that pound for pound these fish are scrappy. They're beautiful and aggressive. Which kind of reminded me of the women from Brazil in some ways, but these fish weren't nearly as...what's the word, voluptuous?

After wiping a wheel barrel full of dust off my over-priced Bass reel I headed out last second. I could get a new jig-stick with a Newell from Fishaholic for the price of this thing! It's for catching one pound fish for Pete's sake!

I launched in a barely Sea worthy craft in an effort to, well, for one: have fun pulling on some little fish. Which I did. Contrary to the sarcasm engraved throughout my writing, in regards to Spotted Bay Bass and the like---it was a blast! Loads of fun and laughter was common during my brief stay. The second reason: to scout out an area for next months WCW submissions. What if my giant Halibut spot dries up? What on earth would I do then?

The trip was a success on all counts. If I had one day left to catch a measly ten pound Halibut to complete my slam for the month. I know where I would go. San Diego Bay is holding, boys. Go get 'em!